problems cross compiling nftables

Hi,
my name is Dal Molin Giorgio,

I'm trying to cross compile the current 'nftables' git repo. for an arm
embedded system but it's not so easy.

Looking at the configure.ac / Makefile.in's I've noticed that they are
not exactly 'state of the art'.

I think, adding a proper/modern gnu autotools support to nftables would
solve all my cross compile problems.

My question in the first place is if it's interesting for you to add
such a support to nftables.

I've already tried it myself to see how complex it is;
I've found it easy to update the configure.ac and to replace the
Makefile.in's with Makefile.am's.

The difficult part arises now from the header files: it seems there are
kinda circular dependencies between them and it's difficult for me to
solve them (ideally I should not need to modify any of the .c or .h
files).

Please let me know your position about it.

Thank you for your attention,

giorgio