IPVS --rate / --stats output packets/s counters - weird

Hi,

recently (two days ago) I switched our IPVS production setup from a rather
ancient box / kernel to a fresh one.

Previous Kernel was 2.6.36.2, new one is 3.10.40

One oddity I notice, is the "ipvsadm -l -n --stats" and "... --rate" outgoing
packets counter apparently missing about 25% of the packets. There is no
indication that operationally, anything is amiss - it is just that counter
that is strange.

The same is not true for the bits/s traffic amount count - that is stable
before and after.

See the attached Nagios picture, contrasting packets and bits counts, with the
noticed behaviour change on "28" when I switched boxes / kernels.

Any idea where this is coming from?

best regards
  Patrick