Re: Revert 462fb2af9788a82a534f8184abfde31574e1cfa0 (bridge : Sanitize skb before it enters the IP stack)

David Newall schreef op 21/05/2014 9:49:
An alternative would be to make sure that the data pointed to by IPCB
and BR_INPUT_SKB_CB don't overlap. If this were the case, we could
indeed just revert the commit that was referred to.

They are identical spaces, but you imply a good point: the cb area is
possibly being used, simultaneously, for two, incompatible purposes. Yet
another argument for divorcing bridge of ip logic.

There's no reason why they should overlap in the cb: it's 48 bytes big, so big enough to hold both struct br_input_skb_cb and struct inet_skb_parm. The original problem was introduced when BR_INPUT_SKB_CB was introduced (around Feb 27, 2010), so fixing BR_INPUT_SKB_CB seems most appropriate to me. As for your other remark: as I've said before, if you don't like bridge-netfilter then don't compile it into your kernel.

Bart