keepalived scripts

hello every one

I am new to the list but I have been working professionally building
custom mission critical HA netfilters based firewalls on and off for
approximately a decade (I remember the days when conntrak tools was
more of a proof of concept alpha which took a number of kernel patches
via patch-o-matic and some which were not in patch-o-matic yet).

I have noticed three things in the TODO for conntrak tools 1.4.2 which
I believe I could be extremely helpful with.

 [ ] improve shell scripts for keepalived/heartbeat: *really* important
 [ ] add scripts to use the floating priority feature in keepalived to avoid
     premature take over.
[ ] study better keepalived transitions

I have been extremely active on the keepalived list for a few years
and have helped many people with best practices with their
configurations and scripts.
I am also painfully well aware that most of the howto documents for
keepalived are nearly a decade out of date. The only really good
documentation for keepalived is here
https://github.com/acassen/keepalived/blob/master/doc/keepalived.conf.SYNOPSIS
but many of the users do not know that.

My employer has mandated that any non industry specific scripts to
manage open source tools should be submitted either upstream or posted
on a community site under the GPL as part of the peer review process.

I was just about to post my scripts and guidelines and example
configurations on github but now seeing this in the TODO I think I may
be able to help and full fill my employers excellent mandate.
if some one can please point me to a couple of things.

1) Any detailed documents or discussions on what you are exactly
looking for the scripts to do.

2) most of my current scripts are in bash but many of them I intend to
rewrite or supplement some of them with Perl in the near future;
because I would like to add some more intelligence to them than can
easily be achieved in a shell script?
Would that be a problem or would you like the scripts to deal only
with making them work with just bash?
One example of where I would like some logic added from Perl is I
would like to read the configuration and do things like skip the cache
sync step if you are using "DisableExternalCache On' in FTFW mode.

3) I can look this up my self but If any one can send me links to the
patch submission procedures and any code style guidelines for the
project it would be very helpful.