additional conntrack feature

Hi,

We are writing Proof Of Concept (POC) code to export (send) enhanced NetFlow based on conntrack events. We've added some new minimal functionality to the kernel socket and netfilter-conntrack code. This provides new information in the events as can be viewed by the conntrack program.

We would like to send NetFlow based on the conntrack events and were wondering where to place such functionality. We would like such NetFlow to be sent by a service or daemon and we would like for this functionality to become open source. We have some questions:

- Would it be acceptable to enhance conntrack-tools to send this NetFlow?
- Like for instance placing it in the conntrackd daemon?
- Or would it be OK to provide a new program alongside conntrack and conntrackd or the conntrack-tools to do this?

Getting the kernel changes committed is one matter but they are pointless without a user-space program to make use of the conntrack events and send the NetFlow which is our final aim. We did also think of potentially adding such code to the existing flow-tools suite (http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/docs/flow-tools.html) but it feels odd that such flow-tool code will rely on conntrack events.

Thanks
Donovan