Re: some minor tweaks for building doc/man pages for nftables

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:

> On 12 March 2014 12:03, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >   quite possibly some of it, but surely the "nftables.xml" file
> > under doc/ should be updated to reflect that the command is now
> > "nft", not "nftables", no?
> >

> In Debian, my plan is to provide the same man page both for 'nft'
> and 'nftables' (one being a symlink to the other).

  ok, that sounds fine but, just for the record, the *official*
userspace command name is "nft", is it not? so linking to a man page
that purports to explain "nftables" is going to be a bit confusing.

> >   anyway, i'll leave this in the hands of the powers-that-be on
> > this list.
>
> In the docbook side, you could try to find a solution that covers
> all/most-important distributions. I would suggest to simply send
> patches so we can review your ideas.

  i'll see what i can come up with that isn't distro-specific.

rday