Re: Negative value in /proc/net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue

Alex Maltinsky <maltalex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The system I'm dealing often has traffic spikes that cause NFQ packet
> drops. So I can't put a counter in userspace because it would miss
> dropped packets. Counting dropped packets (as a percentage of the
> total number of packets) is the main reason why I'm trying to get the
> correct number of packets sent to the NFQ in the first place...

As i said, there is no kernel counter that increments per-packet
delivery, except the queue packet id, which is only 32bit (and this
cannot be changed).

You could use the iptables rule count of your 'NFQUEUE' rules,
though since these will increment for every packet (and they're 64bit).