xt_CHECKSUM doesn't work as expected

Dear nf devels,
I am trying to use the xt_CHECKSUM module to fix an UDP packet that
it's comming with check sum error. I have an iptables firewall with
two ethernet cards (eth0 private and eth1 public), all ethernet
offload parameters are off in both ethernet cards and
nf_conntrack_checksum = 0.

This is my iptables rule to fix the checksum:

iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -p udp --dport 162 -j CHECKSUM --checksum-fill

The trafic resulting when the single UDP packet is received using tcpdump:

input at eth1 (public):  [src ip].1046 > [eth1 public ip].162: [bad
udp cksum ff!]
output at eth0 (private): [src ip].1046 > [eth0 private ip].162: [bad
udp cksum ff!]

I did use printk inside the module to see what do I have at
skb->ip_summed and I observed that the value is CHECKSUM_NONE, however
to have the checksum fixed by the function checksum_tg, this value
should be CHECKSUM_PARTIAL.

Please let me know if I am miss understanding the way that
--checksum-fill is handled by xt_CHECKSUM module.

Sincerely,
Ventura

-