Drop a packet while keeping the conntrack alive

Hi,

I've developed a connection tracking module which I'd like to use for
detecting packets that may be dropped with an iptables rule.
That is, the connection tracker can detect that a packet is not  valid
in the context of the tracked connection. So, I'd like the
administrator to be able to add a rule that would allow to drop/reject
that packet.
A possible use case is to block packets from an attacker (assumed as
such as the packet is not conform considering the current state of the
connection).

As far as I understand it, the connection tracker usually handle this
by returning a negative/null value (-NF_ACCEPT, NF_DROP, ...) which
marks the packet invalid, so that it is possible to use the
xt_conntrack extension to match it.

I've looked at the TCP connection tracker. If I understand well, the
current behavior is that if we've got an INVALID packet, it kills the
conntrack, then create it again if we see an ACK later on. Am I right?

That is, it seems that by any way we invalidate a packet, it always
destroy the conntrack so that we haven't the connection state at our
disposal anymore. I would like to avoid that for the protocol I track.
Is there a way to do so? Am I missing something?

Thank you.

--
nimai