Re: limit the number of source ips connected?

2013/2/12 Jose Luis Godoy <joseluis.gms@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I would like to know if it is possible to set a rule to limit the
> number of source ips connected, like in BSD Packet Filter, option
> 'max-src-nodes'.

Hi Jose Luis,

I think you are looking for "recent" module (see iptables(8) for options)

Also, I would try doing the trick using ipset utility. You could fill
a set until certain limit and drop traffic not coming from some IP
within the set.

Regards.

--
Arturo Borrero González