Re: netfilter hooks context?

Den 19. okt. 2012 18:38, skrev Iain Fraser:
After reading [A Map of the Networking Code in Linux Kernel 2.4.20]
and thinking about it. It seems to me that packets coming from the
host will often be in process context e.g. UDP packets will be
generated for each sendto syscall. So packets in the localout and
postrouing could potentially be in run in process context.

Therefore spin locks in those hooks should disable bottom halves to be
safe from deadlock. Can anyone confirm or invalidate this please?

cheers
Iain