Re: recommendations on implementing a custom Netfilter hook to QUEUE packets before their SEQ/ACK and size before fragmentation are known?

Igor 'Lo' (И.L. <bombsiteunrested <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
>
> What I look for is reimplementing a part of NFQUEUE functionality at
> the stage where TCP packet is formed before sending to network.
> It seems that NFQUEUE can't just handle expanded (> MTU) packet, and
> also want to have control over SEQ/ACK numbers assigned to
> both packets and connection structures.
>
> But errr.. where to look for? The sources are too complex and there's
> not enough guides.
> Actually I have this doc only:
> http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2009Netfilter#Callback_Priority
>
> Can anyone point me to correct place in kernel sources to see/attach
> with SystemTap and track how SEQs are generated and how outgoing
> packets are planned to be fragmented or even dropped? Deliberately
> want a good tour.
>
> P.S. There's at least 2 projects that can benefit from such
> transparent packet size growing, one is mine and second is StegBox
> (steganography based covert channels in traffic)

Hi,
Have you ever got any solution for doing that?
I have been involved a project with this kind of problem.
In my project I need to put 32 byte more in IpOption. I did it and it works for
packet_length < (MTU-32). But for the packet_length > (MTU-32) each packet
should be fragmented with 2 packets. The problem is how can I use
nfq_set_verdict() for both of those packets?