Problem with iptables accounting in Ubuntu Precise 12.04 LTS

I'm trying to get iptables accounting working on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
amd64 yet not having much luck.  Here is what I'm getting and I hope
someone can provide some insight to my problems:

root@ubuntu-mbp:~# dpkg -l|grep xtables
ii  xtables-addons-common                           1.40-1
                      Extensions targets and matches for iptables
[tools, libs]
ii  xtables-addons-dkms                             1.40-1
                      Extensions targets and matches for iptables
ii  xtables-addons-source                           1.40-1
                      Extensions targets and matches for iptables
[modules sources]
root@ubuntu-mbp:~# iptaccount -a

libxt_ACCOUNT_cl userspace accounting tool v1.3

get_table_names failed: Can't get table names from kernel. Out of
memory, MINBUFISZE too small?
root@ubuntu-mbp:~# iptaccount -u

libxt_ACCOUNT_cl userspace accounting tool v1.3

get_handle_usage failed: Can't get handle usage information from kernel