Re: pgsql-ulogd2

Yep, the pgsql plugin makes extensive use of pg_namespace, pg_class and pg_attribute which are system tables. These contain definitions of every single object registered on that database server and is a major security risk (as I pointed out, if that ulogd connection to the database server is hijacked, then the attacker could find out what is on that database without any problems, which is not good).

I had in mind exactly what you've suggested above - use a separate, manually-registered table containing the table columns and their mapping to ulogd2 parameters - much less risk and everything is configurable, though the downside is that the two tables need to be synchronised if the structure of the main ulogd table changes (columns renamed or added).
One other thing which I forgot to ask: currently, the pgsql plugin uses an unencrypted connection to the database server. I haven't studied the underlying source code which handles pgsql-specific functions, but in principle it is possible to use encrypted (SSL) connections to the server by using client/server certificates. Has this been attempted and considered to be included as an option to that particular plugin?

If not, would there be any objections if such feature is implemented (obviously, there will be a need to add additional parameters to that plugin to configure the type of connection, client/server/ca certificates etc)?