Re: Netfilter Debugging tips

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 08:08:34PM +0600, AFT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a working kernel dev setup with KGDB/KDB. Now as i'm going to
> develop a netfilte module, i need a good strategy to debug netfilter
> modules. During configuring the kernel i've bumped into a kernel config
> like following :
>
> CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG
>
> But i've found no documentaion describing what actually this
> configuration will enable me to do.
>
> So anything regarding this config variable or any other general
> debugging strategy will be helpfull.

With this, the kernel will print debugging information on what the
Netfilter core infrastructure is doing. It also includes some
debugging messages from x_tables instances, ie. ebtables, arp_tables,
and so on.

It's been ages since I haven't used this for any useful purpose
(rather than making sure the kernel compilation does not break with it
enabled).