filter IP protocol with ip6tables

Hi,

I tried to filter IP packets with ip6tables (next hdr field)

But as you can see in output [1] the kernel maps "0" to all and not to
ip as listed in /etc/protocols.

With default policy DROP this might not that big problem in dual stack
mode, but in case I want to check if IPv6 with IPv4 encapsulated
arrives, I have no chance to LOG

Am I running in the wrong direction (an the kernel drops these packets
silently or forwards them to ipv4 netfilter hooks) or is this an
implementation error that might need to be fixed?

Thanks for your great iptables/ip6tables support

best

Bernd

[1]
http://pastebin.com/jC4rwpG4
--
UMIC - RWTH Aachen
http://www.umic.rwth-aachen.de

Mies-van-der-Rohe Str. 15
52074 Aachen

Tel.:   +49 241 80 20791
Fax:    +49 241 80 22731
E-Mail: kohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RIP Dennis Ritchie (*09.09.1941 †09.10.2011)
Thx 4 UNIX and all the ><(((('>