RE: Redirect target for IPv6 inclusion

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the super fast response!

I've been reading through your previous posts where you've suggested to use
the TPROXY method, but after hours of attempting to get it operating it
still will not 'proxy' the packets through to the end service.

We're using the 'REDIRECT' target only as an end catch-all method for
unauthenticated users on our network access server; if the user has access
they are forwarded; if not they are redirected to a service listening on any
IP on the same server; however each time I've tested with the TPROXY
options, the listening service never sees any packets.

TPROXY its self seems a little more complicated than I need for this
situation and when I researched the redirect target for v6 I came across
this post which seemed to reference a patch for adding in the redirect
target to ip6tables:
http://marc.info/?l=netfilter-devel&m=132185516524115&w=2

If this patch isn't to be included; could you perhaps point me in the
direction of some detailed reference of how to get TPROXY established in the
same fashion as redirect?

Many thanks
Steve.