Re: xtables-addons link error

As a temporary mitigation, please set build_ECHO=n in the mconfig file.
Will do, thanks. That will exclude the ECHO module from the final build I take it, right?

On a side note - since I am building/testing kernels for various purposes more often than compiling/building xta kernel modules (I am also pretty fed up with having to build/reinstall my buildsys packages every time I move to another kernel!), I decided to incorporate the xta kernel modules as a kernel patch instead of building them separately each time I build a kernel for testing.

I remember getting the above errors, but since it was the first time I have attempted to include the xta modules as a patch, I thought that I must be doing something wrong. In addition to the above errors I also got a separate error, which stemmed from one of the xta kernel modules (I think it was DNETMAP) using/depending on a separate .o/.so kernel file being built prior to it, hence a few other unresolved symbols during linking. It was the reason I abandoned this effort pretty quickly.

Has this been attempted before - to include the xta modules as part of the kernel? If there is an interest, I could dig in again to see what other linking errors was I getting - just let me know.