conntrack can't update mark on icmp connection

Hello,
As root I try to set marks on all packets originating from my machine with

conntrack -U -s 192.168.1.114 --mark 10

It does set marks on some udp connections but ignores the icmp one.
Upon the issue of this command it lists all updated udp connections with mark=10 and \
                eventually gives
conntrack v0.9.14 (conntrack-tools): Operation failed: invalid parameters

After that conntrack -L shows that all udp connections that preceed in the list the icmp one \
where updated, but the icmp connection and all udp connections following it in the \
list were not updated. Seems like conntrack choked on icmp.

Could you please help me.
uname -a
Linux 2.6.35-30-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 19 20:45:08 UTC 2011 i686 \
GNU/Linux

P.S.
Please CC me when replying.