Re: alignment problem with ebt_among on ppc

Op 3/02/2012 8:21, joe@xxxxxxx schreef:
What I've seen is that ebt_among extension of ebtables uses
__alignof__(_xt_align) while the corresponding kernel module uses
__alignof__(ebt_replace) to determin the alignment in EBT_ALIGN().

These are the results of these values on different platforms:

x86 x86_64 ppc
__alignof__(_xt_align) 4 8 8
__alignof__(ebt_replace) 4 8 4

So I assume here we can see why ebtales fails to add rules which use the
among extension.

I'm using kernel 2.6.33 and ebtables 2.0.10-4

Is this a known issue or are there any suggestions how to circumvent this
problem?
Thankyou very much.

The userspace alignment was changed to _xt_align to fix an alignment issue on a userspace32-kernel64 system (I think it was for an ARM device). So userspace must be right. The kernel alignment macro needs to change so it also uses _xt_align instead of ebt_replace. The userspace changes date back from June 29, 2009.
Can you do these changes and provide a patch?

cheers,
Bart

--
Bart De Schuymer