Doc on writing conntrack module?

I would like to write a conntrack module for the Simple Service
Discovery Protocol (SSDP):

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Service_Discovery_Protocol

This certainly seems like it should be reasonably straightforward, but
I'm having trouble relating the documentation in the Hacking HOWTO to
what I see in the actual kernel (in nf_conntrack_snmp.c, for example).
Hardly surprising, given the age of the HOWTO.

Is there any more recent documentation?

If not (i.e. there's only the kernel source), pointers to the particular
headers, functions, and macros on which I should be focusing would be
much appreciated.

Thanks!