Re: ulogd2 suggest

On 01/13/2012 03:14 PM, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
[...]
>  I have fixed all my issues, making only 3 minor changes.
>  True enough, things I don't use are probably broken.
>  But it works for me.
This comment shows that you know nothing about how Free/OpenSource
community projects work.

You just want to grab the software and provide ZERO return to the
existing codebase. Very sad.

Please, stop trolling us.

Hardly true, and a very unprofessional reply I might add.
You obviously have a very distorted picture of me in your mind.

I know how open source works, and have contributed to many projects since 1975. I am happy to contribute where I am capable.
But I am not always capable of the work that needs to be done.
I can only test what I use, and I do it online at some risk.
But I won't submit untested code due to ethics.
I have a git repo fork, but it might take me over a year before I
could fix all the things that are wrong with ulogd2.

I may work for 2 weeks to fix something others might fix in minutes.
I have been struggling with ulogd2 for a very long time...
Now I have more understanding, and more capabilities.
Wrong time for to start flinging insults amigo.
Don't be a fool and alienate friends.

Marty B.