add packet filter rule from within kernel module

Hi,

 I have "homebrewed" a small usb-device with LEDs, a button and its
kernel-module. It is just for me and my educational purpose.

What I would like to achieve:

 If button is triggered: The "kernel-netfilter-equivalent"
of 'iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -j DROP' should get called from within the
kernel by my module.

So that there would be no need for a detour to userspace by e.g the
input system which feeds an input-daemon which then would call some
iptables control script.

Could you please give me a hint in the right direction which function I
could use, should use or should not use? Some docu, example or similar
module would be certainly great too :)

Thanks,
 Rik