Building standalone xtable extension shared library

Hello,

I would like to report that I followed the instruction of the
(excellent) guide on how to write netfilter modules (rev Feb. 7 2011).

I had difficulties  compiling an xtable extension shared library. It
turns out that using the gcc provided with my distribution, gcc
(Debian 4.6.0-9) 4.6.1 20110524 (prerelease) the options -DPIC -fPIC
are required when building the object file.

The instructions page 27 should be updated with the following Makefile lines:

CFLAGS = -O2 -Wall
lib%.so: lib%.o
gcc -shared -o $@ $^;
lib%.o: lib%.c