RE: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.4 released

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, Thomas Backlund wrote:

> What is the preferred version of ipset utils to be used with 2.6.39
> series kernels?
>
> If I understand correctly, the ipset kernel part that got merged is 6.2
>
> Does that mean I should use the same version on userspace part, or will
> the newer one cope with the version difference ?

All bugfixes are submitted into the kernel and will be available in
the next 2.6.39-rc5 release. Hopefully the improvements will be available
in the next-next kernel release.

If you need the new functionalities, you should use the kernel modules
from the ipset package. The protocol did not change, so the userspace can
cope with the different kernel versions, of course except missing new
functionalities, like listing only setnames. The same applies to the SET
target.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-