Re: ipset-6.3 unexpected htable order

Hi Jan,

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> What would it mean if this testcase failure occured to me? I have
> observing this issue reproducibly with ipset-6.3-genl, though I can't
> make heads-tails of it. Apparently the members are the same, albeit
> in different order (which should be irrelevant in hashes anyway), and
> less memory happens to be used in this occurrence.
>
> What immediately comes to mind about the different order is that
> the hash was perturbed, perhaps by an uninitialized variable or
> otherwise undefined operation.

No, it's the locale settings... "sort" is dependent of the locale.

> The fact that occurs only on ipv6 hash types is also worth mentioning.

Punctuation characters are ignored by sort if the locale is not C/POSIX.
Therefore if your locale setting is different than mine :-), the checking
failed.

I set LC_ALL to C in the testsuite script and re-sorted the results
according to that. Git is updated, testsuite is re-checked.

Thanks for the testings!

Best regards,
Jozsef
-