Re: ipset-6.2 testsuite failure

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> Using 2.6.39-rc1+ (kaber/nf-next) with ipset-6.2 (plain, nfnetlink):
>
> jng-0:/home/jengelh/code/ipset/tests # ./runtest.sh
> which: no sendip in
> (/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/hxtools/bin)
> sendip utility is missig: skipping inet match and target tests
> which: no sendip in
> (/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/hxtools/bin)
> sendip utility is missig: skipping inet6 match and target tests
> init: Load in the ip_set kernel module: passed
> init: List our test set: the testsuite fails if it exists: passed
> init: Delete our test set: the testsuite fails if it exists: passed
> init: Check mandatory create arguments: passed
> ipmap: Range: Check syntax error: missing range/from-to: passed
> ipmap: Range: Check syntax error: missing --from: passed
> ipmap: Range: Check syntax error: missing --to: passed
> ipmap: Range: Catch invalid IPv4 address: passed
> ipmap: Range: Try to create from an invalid range: passed
> ipmap: Range: Create a set from a valid range: passed
> ipmap: Range: Add lower boundary: passed
> ipmap: Range: Add upper boundary: passed
> ipmap: Range: Test lower boundary: passed
> ipmap: Range: Test upper boundary: passed
> ipmap: Range: Test element not added to the set: passed
> ipmap: Range: Test element before lower boundary: passed
> ipmap: Range: Test element after upper boundary: passed
> ipmap: Range: Try to add element before lower boundary: passed
> ipmap: Range: Try to add element after upper boundary: passed
> ipmap: Range: Delete element not added to the set: passed
> ipmap: Range: Add element in the middle: passed
> ipmap: Range: Delete the same element: passed
> ipmap: Range: Add a range of elements: passed
> ipmap: Range: Save set: passed
> ipmap: Range: Destroy set: passed
> ipmap: Range: Restore set and catch error: passed
> ipmap: Range: Check returned error line number: passed
> ipmap: Range: Destroy set: passed
> ipmap: Range: Restore set: passed
> ipmap: Range: List set: passed
> ipmap: Range: Check listing: passed
> ipmap: Range: Delete a range of elements: passed
> ipmap: Range: List set: passed
> ipmap: Range: Check listing: passed
> ipmap: Range: Flush test set: passed
> ipmap: Range: Delete test set: passed
> ipmap: Network: Try to create a set from an invalid network: passed
> ipmap: Network: Create a set from a valid network: passed
> ipmap: Network: Add lower boundary: passed
> ipmap: Network: Add upper boundary: passed
> ipmap: Network: Test lower boundary: passed
> ipmap: Network: Test upper boundary: passed
> ipmap: Network: Test element not added to the set: passed
> ipmap: Network: Test element before lower boundary: passed
> ipmap: Network: Test element after upper boundary: passed
> ipmap: Network: Try to add element before lower boundary: passed
> ipmap: Network: Try to add element after upper boundary: passed
> [...]

I was unable to reproduce this with the kernel from Patrick's tree and
with ipset-6.2.

However, in the testsuite of ipset-6.2 the hash:ip6 tests are not executed
just after the ipmap tests: there are missing tests in the listing above.

Also, the testsuite in ipset-6.2 contains the tests against the kernel in
the package itself: the patches I have submitted today are missing from
2.6.39-rc1+ but the testsuite checks the functionality of the patches, and
therefore it'd fail with 2.6.39-rc1+ (but at other tests, not at the one
above).

If you feel I missed something, just let me know.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxx