conntrack -L shows nothing

Hi,

I have observed a really odd issue, whereby running Linux 2.6.37.{0,1,2}
would cause `conntrack -L` to show nothing despite
/proc/net/nf_conntrack clearly having entries. Furthermore, the
functionality is restored in Patrick's nf-next that currently carries
2.6.38-rc1, so there might have been a bug fix I am not aware about.
.config is the same in either case, and the nfnetlink modules are
loaded.

(Unfortunately, bisecting between 2.6.37 and 38-rc1 is problematic
because it can step through Nick Piggin's VFS changes that, at some
points, can cause an oops.)

Jan