Re: [RFC] x_tables: misuse of try_then_request_module

Am 09.03.2011 02:23, schrieb Stephen Hemminger:
> Since xt_find_match() returns ERR_PTR(xx) on error not NULL,
> the macro try_then_request_module won't work correctly here.
> The macro expects its first argument will be zero if condition
> fails. But ERR_PTR(-ENOENT) is not zero.
>
> The correct solution is to propagate the error value
> back.
>
> Found by inspection, and compile tested only.

Thanks Stephen. It actually works fine since we don't return
-ENOENT but 0 if nothing was found. If a non-matching revision
was found we return -EPROTOTYPE, but that case can only happen
if the module was already loaded.

Anyways, this seems quite fragile, so I've applied your patch.