Re: Possible regression: Packet drops during iptables calls

Le jeudi 16 dÃcembre 2010 Ã 15:24 +0100, Jesper Dangaard Brouer a
Ãcrit :

> In my case I think this will not help. I'll kill the cache anyways, as
> the ruleset is 19MB and my CPU cache is 8MB.

Yep ;)

By the way, you speak of a 'possible regression', but we always masked
BH while doing get_counters().

Only very recent kernels are masking them for each unit (cpu) of work.

There was attempt to use a lockless read for each counter (using a
seqlock), but it was not completed. I guess we could do something to
ressurect this idea.