Re: icmp_error_message return?

Hello,

From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 20:42:55 +0100 (CET)

> On Monday 2010-11-01 20:06, "Oleg A. Arkhangelsky" wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Maybe I'm wrong, but the last line of icmp_error_message() from
> >net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_icmp.c seems illogical to me.
> >Should it be return NF_ACCEPT, instead of -NF_ACCEPT?

-NF_ACCEPT should be returned. ICMP error is the special packet and
icmp_error_message() assigns IP_CT_RELATED to ctinfo itself.
nf_conntrack_in() is unnecessary to resolve ctinfo as normal packets,
so icmp_error_message() returns -NF_ACCEPT.

> (Same with icmpv6.c)
>
> Hmm! Maybe that explains why the ICMPv6 packets from my HE tunnel are
> all -m conntrack --ctstate INVALID?
>
> (Ref.: http://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg13247.html )

I think this is another issue. Maybe fragmentation is related to it ?

-- Yasuyuki Kozakai