Re: clone packet with new destination address

On 11/01/2010 11:00 AM, Changli Gao wrote:
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Stephen Clark<sclark46@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I am not sure on how to go about doing that, looking at the code for TEE it
looks
like the cloned packet bypasses any of the remaining iptables chains.
It isn't true. The cloned packet only bypasses the iptables rule where
it is generated.

So
where
would I change the destination address? Also if I am mistaken and it does
hit
one of the remaining iptables chains how do I tell it is not the original
but the
cloned packet I want to change to the new destination address?

I think you can use the RAWSNAT xtables-addon to change the
destination address. Since the new skb is attached to untracked ct,
you can use match conntrack --ctstate UNTRACKED to filter it out.

Hi Changli,

Thank you very much for the reply, But wouldn't it be RAWDNAT since I want to
change the destination address?

Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)