Re: Announcement: MAP66 extension for ip6tables

On Wednesday 2010-10-06 18:42, Sven-Ola Tuecke wrote:

>Re: Announcement: MAP66 extension for ip6tables

For a moment that read like a Doom2 extension... ;-)

>Hey,
>
>FYI: just finished the readme for a netfilter IPv6-to-IPv6 address mapping
>target - time to say hello. Netfilter extension should compile from
>iptables-1.3.3++ and the kernel module with kernel-2.4.30 until kernel-2.6.32.
>Extension module status is beta, that is: a first test installation works fine.
>License is GPL2. Project and Readme are here:
>
>http://map66.sf.net
>http://map66.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/map66/README.html

And.. I take it you want a review?

- NAT, even if NAT66, still interferes with ETE connectivity. Think
FTP-SSL connections. That may not be your problem, but it's the Working
Group's and the Draft's.

- I would recommend using Xtables-addons to unclutter the source code
from the #ifdef hackery. Most if it can be removed, since it does not
look like you tested with Linux kernels earlier than 2.6.22 anyway.

- Conntrack will be confused because you change the packets' addresses
while packets are in conntrack's domain. (In essence it will lead to
state matching being nonfunctional if I am not mistaken because it sees
two different tuples.)

- There are pointless casts from/to void*

- You should document what MAP66_lock is protecting.