checkentry function

Hello there.
I've written checkentry function to check my new target, in this way:

[CHECK_ENTRY_CODE]
static bool xt_tarpit_check(const char *tablename, const void *entry,
                            const struct xt_target *target, void *targinfo,
                            unsigned int hook_mask)
{
 if (strcmp(tablename, "filter"))   {
    printk(KERN_INFO "DEBUG: the tablename (not FILTER) is %s\n",tablename);
    return false;
  }
return true;
}
[/CHECK_ENTRY_CODE]

but it doesn't work.
In fact if I do:

iptables -A INPUT -t filter -s 192.168.0.1 -p tcp -j TAR

the printk prints this message: DEBUG: the tablename (not FILTER) is: ï%H ï

so: in the tablename i haven't the string "filter"...what' the matter?

--
Nicola Padovano
e-mail: nicola.padovano@xxxxxxxxx

"My only ambition is not be anything at all; it seems the most
sensible thing" (C. Bukowski)