Re: [ANNOUNCE] libnetfilter_conntrack 0.9.0 release

On Thursday 2010-09-09 20:15, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
>>> documentation in doxygen format. ChangeLog is also attached for more
>>> details.
>>>      src: convert documentation from kerneldoc to doxygen format
>>
>> Did you not like the doxygen filter that allows to use kdoc in the .c
>> files?
>
>I liked it indeed, actually I used it to transform the current doc to
>doxygen. I decided to switch to doxygen for consistency with other
>libnetfilter_* libraries.

Hm that certainly wasn't the intended purpose of the filter :-D

It was to proliferate kdoc, because frankly, doxygen with all its
\param, \brief, clutters the actual text flow and starts to look as ugly
as a TeX/HTML document. I guess that is because the formatting codes
actually use plaintext rather than punctuation (just @ and %) only.
kdoc is simple because it does not try to offer all possible
formatting capabilities.