Re: Resolver behind NetFilter NAT service vulnerable to DNS poisoning attack

Eric, thanks. I'm sorry for forgetting to mention this before, but the
attack I referred to was against NAT _using_ port randomization, i.e.
--random option (Netfilter from 2.4).

We did _not_ refer to the known attack against NAT using
port-preserving option (i.e., without port randomization). This attack
is trivial when the DNS is not using port randomization, and we also
show how to do this when the DNS is using port randomization. But the
more challenging attack is when the NAT is using port randomization
(--random). Of course, we also explain how to prevent these attacks.

Cheers, Amir and Haya

--
Amir Herzberg
Associate Professor, Dept. of Computer Science