Re: write a new simple target for netfilter

Nicola,
iptables is complaining because it can't locate the userspace companion
to your netfilter module. The userspace companion tells iptables which
kernel module to load and parses command line options before they are
passed to the kernel module. The module_install target takes care of the
kernel module but you also need a userspace helper installed to
/lib/xtables. If building standalone (as opposed to using the
Xtables-addons framework) you could use a maekfile rule like:

libs_install:
        cp -f libxt_ipaddr.so /lib/xtables

Regards,
Justin Kamerman