Re: [rfc] IPVS: convert scheduler management to RCU

Le vendredi 20 août 2010 à 11:04 -0400, yao zhao a écrit :

> The code here is deleting a global from the list, am I right? I didn't
> see any called case.
> what are you going to do more? free it? write_unlock_bh should make the mb.

If you dont wait _after_ delete from list and following actions
(kfree() without a call_rcu(), or module unload, or whatever), a reader
might access your data/code and crash the box.

spin_unlock_bh() wont help you at all, since only writers are freezed by
the lock (since readers only hold rcu_lock)

Documentation/RCU/whatisRCU.txt line 705

Documentation/RCU/checklist.txt  15)