newbie: writing custom target, need help with getting it to work

Hi List,

I have been working on a custom netfilter target to help with some in-house
testing. I?m running Fedora 13 and building within xtables-addons v 1.2.6 ;
I have gotten both the kernel module and library to build correctly within
the xtables-addons build enviroment, and am inserting the kernel module with
no errors. When trying to create a rule with my target, I get the cryptic
error:

iptables --verbose --table filter --insert INPUT --protocol TCP -m state
--state ESTABLISHED --jump TAP --device TAPPY
TAP  tcp opt -- in * out *  0.0.0.0/0  -> 0.0.0.0/0  state ESTABLISHED TAP
dev:TAPPY
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

I?m seeing dev:TAPPY, which I think means the user space library correctly
parsed the parameters. Since I manually inserted the module, I know it?s
there, although I did not see the module initialization kernel info
message... Any ideas on where to look next? I have attached my target code.

Thanks!

Joseph "Yossi" Weihs, CTO

SeaFire Micros, Inc.
39 Dodge St, #319
Beverly, MA 01915

http://www.seafire.com
yw@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://twitter.com/SeaFireMicros

This message is a PRIVATE communication. This message and all attachments
are a private communication sent by SeaFire and may be confidential or
protected by privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
information contained in or attached to this message is strictly
prohibited.  Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to
this message, and then delete it from your system.  Thank you.