Re: Accessing packet marking functions

> >> That retrieves the socket mark, not the packet mark.
> >> The packet mark on outgoing packets gets initialized to the socket mark...
> >
> >Hmmm, I understand. So is there any way to retrieve a packet's mark as
> >opposed to a socket's mark?
>
> And how would you do that with SOCK_STREAM anyway?

I don't know. I'll admit that I don't fully understand what I'm doing
here, which I apologise for, but I'm trying to learn.

All I want to do is retain a packet's mark from its arrival into Squid,
onto its transmission to the client. Something like this:

ppp0 -> PREROUTING -> Squid -> POSTROUTING -> eth0

         Set Mark               Read mark

If this isn't possible then please tell me.

Thanks,

Andy