netns net_mutex deadlock in my path

Hi,

while preparing further patches, I came across an issue whereby a pernet
subsys loads another module with a pernet subsys registration. In call
stack:

ip6table_filter loading -> register_pernet_subsys ->
ip6table_filter_net_init -> try_then_request_module("xt_quota") ->
xt_quota loading -> register_pernet_subsys -> deadlock on "net_mutex".

(I have a patch that makes xt_quota per-netns.)

xt_quota is loaded to serve as the per-rule byte/packet counter. Since
an empty table practically always starts with a tail rule (-> default
policy), it happens to get loaded on table load already rather than
later at `ip6tables -A` time.

The question is, what is the preferred solution to this problem? The
straightforward solution would be to add a symbol dependency (similar to
"need_conntrack") so that xt_quota is explicitly loaded before
ip6table_filter. Other ideas?

thanks,
Jan