Some questions about linux kernel networking

Hi all. I am a (very very very) newbie in the linux kernel networking.

I have some problems in the understading two concepts:

1. what the "net_ratelimit()" function does?
2. and the xrlim_allow(...)?

3. what about the field "len" of the struct "sk_buff"? is it the sum
of ip header len and tcp header len?
4. and what about the field nfct?

sorry for the questions. i've tried to find some information in the
kernel source code, but nothing.

Thank you