packet squeezer problem

I have two ubuntu 8.04 machines with kernel and I need to network
traffic between these two machines to be compressed. I used your
packet squeezer and change its hook. I used both IP_PRE_ROUTING and
IP_POST_ROUTING Instead of IP_FORWARD and the two hook functions point
to your hook function. I think this does not change the logic of
packet squeezer. I ran this module on my machines but the one who
start tcp connection hung. Please help me to solve this problem.