Named/numbered queues in the kernel?

I was poking around the libnetfilter_queue code in an attempt to understand
it, and was looking at the queue numbers. It looks like these numbers are only
part of an individual application, and are not system-wide. Is there already a
way to have system-wide numbers for queues, or is that something that I'll
have to implement myself?

For example, when using iptables I can do a "-j QUEUE". It would be cool if
instead I could do a "-j QUEUE <name or number>", and then have an individual
application only listen to its own queue instead of the entire system's worth
of queued packets. Is there general interest in this functionality beyond my
own?

Thanks,
-- Morgon