Re: xtables-addons searching libipt_*.so instead of libxt_*.so

On Friday 2010-02-26 01:48, Hari Hendaryanto wrote:

> when i try to load match, i.e geoip match i found this error
>
> iptables v1.4.6: Couldn't load match `geoip':/lib64/xtables/libipt_geoip.so:
>
> i've check /lib64/xtables and i see libxt_geoip.so is there
>
> why iptables search /lib64/xtables/libipt_geoip.so not
> /lib64/xtables/libxt_geoip.so ?

This is a suboptimal error message generated by iptables. iptables
tries to load both libxt_ and libipt_/libip6t_, however when all
failed, it only prints the last filename that was tried. We clearly
need to improve upon that.

You can try

	strace -e open iptables -m geoip -h

and see if it opens libxt_geoip.so at all.