Re: code to display contents for iptables -L not getting invoked | Its a test module

On Thursday 2010-02-11 21:15, Balaji Venkatamohan wrote:

>I developed a match extension and successfully compiled the code into the
>extensions directory. I was also able to insert the desired rule and got
>the expected performance/output. Everything seems to work fine except that
>when I issue iptables -L, it shows under the desired chain that a rule is
>present but it doesn't print the contents under the function _mt_print()
>function of libxt_*.c file. I am getting the message that 'unknown match
><matchname>'.
>
>Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Is it perhaps possible that you called iptables -L without making
available the location of your module? (in case it's not in the
standard search patch) If you only compiled Xt-a, but not install
anything, then something like

 XTABLES_LIBDIR=$my/extensions:$standardpath iptables {-A|-L} ...

is needed. This needs to be present at both insert time as well
as when you run with -L.

The standard path depends on distro, each seems to want to roll
their own cookiecoloring (/usr/libexec/iptables, /usr/lib64/iptables,
/lib64/iptables are some examples...)