Question about ipt_REJECT

Hi All,

I found the TCP RST packet sent from ipt_REJECT target isn't able to
update related conntrack state.

I install a 2.6.30.10 kernel as a router and add a iptables rule with
REJECT target to reset specific connections.  However  I found  when
the packets is handled by the ipt_REJECT and the TCP RST packet is
sent, the related conntrack state isn't updated to CLOSE state.

Then I review the ipt_REJECT codes. I found the target attach the old
conntrack to RST packet as:
{
   nf_ct_attach(nskb, oldskb);
   ip_local_out(nskb);
}

Therefor the nf_conntrack_in() will ignore this RST packet due to the
nfct is valid in skb.
{
     if (skb->nfct) {
                    NF_CT_STAT_INC_ATOMIC(net, ignore);
                    return NF_ACCEPT;
     }
}

Is there any reason to attach the old conntrack to new RST skb?  I
think let the RST packet lookup and update related conntrack is
better.

Thanks,
Sean