Need help with inserting match extension files using xtables-addons

Hi, I am trying to install a new xtables match extension. Its a simple one
which I am coding for my understanding.

I am done with the coding for my kernel space '.c ' and '.h' files and am
also done with userspace 'libxt_*.c' file. As per the tutorial 'writing
netfilter modules', I am using xtable-addons to insert my module.

I am done with downloading the xtables-addons package. I also put my three
files in extensions/ folder. I have also made changes to Kbuild, Mbuild
and mconfig files. When I run the command './configure' from the
xtables-addons folder, I am getting the error after sometime stating the
following:

"checking for libxtables... configure: error: Package requirements
(xtables >= 1.4.3) were not met:

No package 'xtables' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables libxtables_CFLAGS
and libxtables_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details."
I know that my system does not have xtables.h in the /usr/include folder.
I also tried to download xtables.h from the internet. Strangely I was nt
able to find anything. Please help me with fixing the error and also do
tell me where I can find xtables.h header file.
Also is it enough that I do the above specified steps for using xtables
match extension.

Thanks
Balaji