Moving sk_buff manipulation to userspace?

Greetings,

I have finished a prototype for a WAN accelerator that users netfilter
hooks to intercept packets that are being forwarded.  It then does
some checks, and potentially compresses the TCP data segment using an
LZ compression method.  Pretty neat stuff you guys have done here.

I would like to do more than strictly compressing the data, but due to
the netfilter hook running in an interrupt context I am quite limited.
 So I found that using NF_QUEUE its possible to move processing to a
userspace process.

Will moving the processing to a userspace application prevent me from
directly modifying the sk_buff though?  Particularly I need to
maintain the capability of modifying the TCP data segment, and TCP
header section.  I was looking at the example
trunk/libnetfilter_queue/utils/nfqnl_test.c, but there is nothing in
there about how to manipulate the sk_buff once its been received.  Is
this even possible using the NF_QUEUE?

Thanks,
Jusitn.