Re: How to register conntrack notifier

Luca Pesce wrote:
Ok, so newer kernels opted for performance, giving that on 99% of the
time only nf_conntrack_netlink uses event notifier callbacks, which is
usually the case...

Looking at the kernel code, there's no other client of that notifier chain that ctnetlink.

But I am curious...what if another kernel module needs to receive
conntrack events? Are there any way to keep track of events in kernel
space while nf_conntrack_netlink is holding the one and only callback
hook?

Then, that new module would need to be submitted to mainline. Of course it should be something that proves to be useful for the general public. Sorry, we won't introduce the notifier chain again for an out-of-tree module.